The K to 6 Mathematics Syllabus is organized into strands.
- One process strand, Working Mathematically
The three content strands:
- Number & Algebra
- Measurement & Geometry
- Statistics & Probability
At St. Pius X we engage students in Mathematics every day.
We aim to develop in students –
- confidence in their ability to do mathematics
- creativity and an ability to recognize patterns
- positive attitude towards Mathematics
- providing I.T. equipment to enhance learning
- enjoyable experience while learning Mathematics
- be able to think critically and be given opportunities in problem solving
- appreciate and recognize the students knowledge gained formally and informally outside the school, including the home
- encourage use of computer programs